minds and hearts open to life's
endless and unforeseeable possibilities."
Welcome to... I can't believe it!... JABB 500! In honor of
this occasion, I decided to bring back a contest after a long
hiatus. I figured it would also be a good opportunity to
look back on JABB's history. Before we get to that, a few
1. The deadline will be Oct. 29th.
2. Please send your answers to either my personal address
or the one I sent this newsletter from. Do not send your
answers to the YahooGroup.
3. I will send a prize of my choosing to whomever answers
the most questions correctly.
4. It's fine to use Google to help you. Hint: If you
start your Google search with site:onthisside.net then it will
search the entire JABB site. For example, if you wanted to
search the site for a reference to "The Violin Lesson," enter
"site:onthisside.net violin lesson" (don't include the quote
Finally, I just want to thank everyone who has been a part of
JABB whether as inspiration, co-author, researcher, encourager,
and/or reader. These 500 newsletters definitely wouldn't
have been the same without you! Actually, most of them
wouldn't have existed. Stories I will write for myself...
newsletters I will not. ;-)
God bless and hugs,
JABB 500 Celebratory
The following "test" is separated into three
parts: multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and just plain ol'
questions that you need to supply the answer for. To those
merely curious, I'll put the answers
here after the contest deadline.
1. During the
initial run of Jesus Christ Superstar, the cast and crew
named *all* the characters so no one was playing, say, Disciple
#2. What was the name of Kemara's character?
A. Sarah B.
Selene C. Joanna
D. Bethany E. Elizabeth
2. Which of the following full names did Joshua use during
A. Joshua ben David B. Yeshua bat
Maryam C. Yeshua ben
Nazareth D. Jesus bat
Maryam E. Yeshua ben Yosef
3. What is JenniAnn's middle name?
A. Gertrude B.
Diana C. Terese
D. Dwynwen E. Fiona
4. What rank of angel is Reuel?
A. Archangel B.
Throne C. Principality
D. Demon E. Cherubim
5. Which has Andrew NOT dressed up as for Halloween?
A. Abe Lincoln B. Sir
Lancelot C. The
Dumbledore E. Albert Einstein
6. What beverage is Andrew the expert on making among the
A. Butterbeer B.
Sangria C. Root Beer
D. Wine E. Chocolate Milk
7. Which archangel has NOT appeared in either a TBAA
episode or a Dyeland story?
A. Michael B.
Uriel C. Gabriel
D. Clara E. Azrael
8. Which animal has Joshua NOT appeared as in a Dyeland
A. Lion B. Stork
C. Albatross D.
Butterfly E. Man
9. Andrew and JenniAnn
count quite a menagerie among their household. Which of
the following do they NOT have as a pet?
A. Donkey B. Dog
C. Guinea Pig D.
Rabbit E. Goat
10. Andrew and Max first met in what country?
A. Iran B. Iraq
C. United States D.
Germany E. Afghanistan
11. Which term did Joshua suggest Andrew and JenniAnn and
their like use to describe their relationship?
A. anam cara B. soul
mate C. asexual life
partner D. amor
verdadero E. heart's twin
12. Occasionally, the AOD Band would be joined by Mick St.
John. On those occasions, what was their band's name?
A. Four Old Dudes B. The
Immortals C. Angels &
Vampires D. The
Supernaturals E. The Romantics
(one blank=one word)
1. Maryam enjoys embroidering __________________ for folks
she meets on her sojourns to the mortal realms.
2. The Friends put on their theatrical productions at St.
3. Behnam and Isra have three children named __________________, __________________,
4. Andrew was originally not going to be
Belle's father but, instead, her __________________.
got sick after
going on a
World of Harry
6. __________________ was (is?) JABB's tool-belt wearing
for a very,
Belle is __________________ __________________.
__________________ and __________________
had a surprise
and learned of
__________________, was saved by Maryam and, much later,
are __________________ and __________________.
are __________________, __________________,
1. There are three sets of twins among the Friends and
their children. Name them.
2. Name four cities in Dyeland.
3. In what year did JABB start?
4. What was the very first thing the JABB Co-Founders sent
5. List the titles of any four Dyeland stories.
6. What was the name of the town in which Andrew had to
deal with witchcraft accusations being thrown around?
7. This is the name of JenniAnn's alma mater where Andrew
taught summer school and was assigned to Ivy.
8. In the future, this character is married to a fellow
Friend and planning to become a pastor.
9. Who did Adam accompany on their honeymoon?
10. This character had an art exhibition featuring
portraits of Joshua.
11. In the future, Daisy and Jacob embark on a
relationship in this famed city.
12. Andrew is currently using this surname which he, in
turn, gave to Belle.
(Haha! I didn't mention these, did I? Just choose
any two of the following to answer... unless you want to answer
them all. There are no wrong answers.)
1. What's your best memory related to JABB?
2. What was your first
thought when you found JABB?
your favorite thing about JABB?
4. What's your favorite TBAA episode and why?
5. What's your favorite non-TBAA project of John
6. What's most surprised you about your time with JABB
and/or about JABB's history?
And now to bring our 500th newsletter to a
This one is dedicated to John Dye for inspiring years and
years of top tens, wacky Q and As, goofy games, and so much
more that we've done here on JABB. While I'm not sure I
have another 500 in me, I have no doubt that he could inspire
500 more. Thank you 500 times over, John!
(Photo Credits: The photographs used on this page
are from Touched by an Angel and owned by CBS
Productions, Caroline Productions, and Moon Water
Productons. They are not being used to seek