“If your actions inspire others to dream
learn more, do more and become more,
you are a leader.” ~~John Quincy Adams
So here's the last JABB newsletter before the U.S. has its
presidential election. Why is that important?
Well, there are the obvious reasons but on a strictly JABB
level... your friend here will feel a whole lot less like
biting people's heads off for calling during dinner (or JABB
writing) to tell me which candidate to vote for or wishing
to speak about my reproductive rights (my business and... my
freaking business). :-) Less wanting to bite
people's heads off... more time for JABB. Yay!
Anyhow, so herein I try to work out the last of my electoral
season angst. My apologies to those not in the U.S.
for whom this probably seems a little off. Then again,
ya'll probably have your own elections at various points and
deal with the same junk. So maybe you can
relate! Actually... this probly seems loopy to
everyone. Myself included. Ha!
Also, no easter egg this time. It's just been one of
those days! Take care!
Okay, so this is *completely* tongue-in-cheek. People
gotta do what they feel is right but I really don't think it's
appropriate to vote for fictional characters. I, for
one, will definitely not be voting for Andrew. But it is
tempting to think about...
Reasons Andrew Should
1. He has military experience... possibly dating to
as far back as the Trojan War.
2. He looks super handsome in a suit and tie.
3. He could finally get to Paris during a diplomatic
4. Forget about pondering "What would Lincoln
do?" Andrew could just go ask him.
5. Epic savings on presidential security. No
need for his Secret Service detail given he's, ya know,
6. Actually, President Andrew should have a Secret
Service agent: himself. Cause HELLO! Look to
the left... Swoon!
7. He is super cute when slightly bratty so those
debates just might actually be watchable for a change.
8. Three words: Vice President Adam. Best
looking ticket ever!
9. We would all be much more politically informed
from watching every presidential press conference, speech,
and public appearance because that's what we do: watch
10. Who doesn't want to have a leader who can glow?
11. No more war! We'd just send the president
to war zones to catch bullets and crush guns with his bare
hands. I can dream...
12. Andrew would NEVER utter some of the asinine
things that have gotten bandied about of late. In
fact, President Andrew would send Secretary of Attitude,
Tess, around to give politicians who say insensitive
things the Look.
Reasons Andrew Should NOT Be President
1. The unfortunate soul on Saturday Night
Live who would be chosen to parody President
Andrew would be regularly heckled by angry Dyelanders.
2. No first lady... Who the heck is going
to give a tour of the White House's Christmas
3. Negative political ads from Andrew's
opponents would lead to widespread bashing of TVs and
computers with baseball bats from, you guessed it, the
4. If people agonize over whether a president is
a U.S. citizen or not, I'm not sure they're ready for
one who's not even human...
5. Do we really want him spending that much time
around... gulp... politicians???
6. If there's no such thing as an American
angel... pretty sure there's not supposed to be any
such thing as an American president angel.
7. Pretty sure the partisan bickering would make
Andrew cry... :-(
8. I really don't want to have to rain mental
curses upon Andrew after receiving a robo-call of him
pestering me during all hours of the day.
9. He'd probably give all other world leaders an
inferiority complex due to not being a near-perfect
and absolutely gorgeous messenger of God.
10. He's a car thief. Just ask Tess.
11. Andrew is far too awesome to belong to just
12. Presidents are only for 4-8 years... AODs
dedicating this issue to John for being a leader in
the best sense of the word. He was exactly the
sort who John Quincy Adams described. John
didn't hold office. He didn't pester everyone to
support him and his causes. But when he saw
someone in need, he helped. When asked what
people could do for him, he asked them to help someone
in need. He led with compassion. And I
would have let him robo-call me any time...
(Photo Credits: The photographs used on this
page are from "Touched by an Angel" and owned by CBS
Productions, Caroline Productions, and Moon Water
Productions. They are not being used to seek